Study with Target Language Services
and gain an internationally recognized qualification
• Teaching Qualifications – Cambridge DELTA and CELTA
• Exams Preparation – C2 Proficiency and IELTS
Cambridge DELTA online
DELTA is an advanced blend of theory and practice that provides professional development for teachers with at least one year’s experience. It gives you skills and techniques that will help you throughout your career.
This Diploma qualifies you to take a giant step forward in your career, making you a specialist in the teaching of English, who is prepared to take on senior teaching roles and teacher training positions, such as becoming a Cambridge CELTA tutor.
Who is the DELTA for?
- English language teachers who have been teaching for at least one year
- English language teachers who want to progress into more senior roles such as head of English and teacher training
- Experienced teachers who want to extend their expertise in a specialist area
- First-language English speakers and non-first language speakers who have a CEFR Level of high C1 or above.
DELTA is suitable for teaching any age group, from young learners to adults.
What is the format of the DELTA course?
The DELTA is taken over three modules – you can take as many modules as you like, in any order.
All three modules include a focus on theory and practice.
Understanding Language, Methodology and Resources for Teaching
This module focuses on extending and developing candidates’ knowledge and understanding of teaching and learning English in a range of contexts.
Developing Professional Practice
This module focuses on developing awareness and expertise in the principles and professional practice of teaching English in a range of contexts.
Option 1: Extending Practice and ELT Specialism:
You will carry out an independent investigation, leading to the design of a course programme
Option 2: English Language Teaching Management:
You will carry out an independent situation analysis, leading to the design of a change proposal, looking at an area of management.
What is the criteria for enrolling on the DELTA course?
- Your English needs to be good enough to teach at a range of levels. You should have a minimum CEFR Level of high C1;
- You need to have at least one year’s experience of teaching English;
- You need to have an initial English language teaching qualification, such as the CELTA.
- Be aged 21 or over
What happens on the DELTA Module 2?
- review of teaching and learning concepts;
- guidelines for writing Background Essays;
- outline for how to fill in lesson plans;
- in-depth clarification of the PDA (Professional Development Assignment).
About 10 hs/week for reading, researching, diagnostic lesson, observations, discussions, and assignment writing.
- input sessions on systems and skills,
- consultation for and preparation of 4 LSAs (Language Systems and Skills Assignments)
- sessions on systems and skills,
- feedback on teaching, and reflection.
Workload: 5-10 hours a week, with lessons delivered and observed on Zoom.
How will I be assessed on the DELTA course?
Each DELTA Module is assessed in a different way:
- DELTA Module 1: written examination
The exam consists of two 90-minute papers
- Paper 1 – Five tasks: Labelling, short-answer and longer written responses
- Paper 2 – Three tasks: Longer written responses
- DELTA Module 2: You will be assessed by a portfolio of coursework, including background essays, observed lessons and a professional development assignment. You will complete five assignments.
- DELTA Module 3: a written assignment (4000-4500 words)
What is the investment?
- Module 1: Course fee 6 x R$ 550,00 + Cambridge Fee USD 250,00
- Module 2: Course fee 10 x R$ 756,50 + Cambridge Fee USD 310,00
- Module 3: Course fee 6 x R$ 465,00 + Cambridge Fee USD 180,00 – (Option 1)
10% discount for former students.
5% discount paid as lump sum.
When do courses start?
From 22/02/2021 to 16/06/2021
Monday and Wednesday on Zoom:
16:00 to 17:30
FROM 23/02/2021 to 11/06/2021
Tuesday and Thursday on Zoom:
18:00 to 21:00
Dates for the 2nd semester of 2021 to be confirmed
How to enroll on the DELTA course?
To enroll on the DELTA course you need to go through an Application process which includes a Language and Teaching Awareness Task plus an interview in English with the main course tutor via Zoom. In the interview the tutor will let you know if you are able to do the DELTA course.